Bove Island

Bove Island is located on the Tagish lake and visible from a look-out at Km 95 of the South Klondike Highway between Carcross and Skagway and offers an incredible scenery view.

The island was named after Lieutenant Giacomo Bove, an officer in the Royal Italian Navy and famous explorer, by Lt. Frederick Schwatka in the late 1800′. The name was chosen as a tribute to Bove’s experiences in the Artic and Antartic, regarding the weather, that Schwatka believed being similar on the Tagish Lake – this specific area of the lake is known as Windy Arm!